Peoria Family Justice Center Team
There are eleven members on the Domestic Violence Multi-Disciplinary Team.
On Site at Peoria County Family Justice Center
- Project Coordinator: Oversees daily operations and team meetings, reports activities to the five community partners, The Illinois Criminal Justice Information Authority and the U.S. Department of Justice, and provides guidance to team members. Assigns domestic violence cases to team members for follow up.
- Domestic Violence Detective - Peoria Police Department: Investigates incidents of domestic violence, writes police reports, collects additional evidence as needed, arrests offenders, testifies in criminal proceedings.
- Violence Victim Coordinator - Peoria County State's Attorney's Office: Provides support and advocacy in criminal proceedings. Explains judicial process and walks survivors through judicial process. Updates victims on court hearings and appearances.
- Domestic Violence Advocate - Peoria County Sheriff's Office: Provides advocacy and support to survivors of domestic violence, focusing on clients residing in Peoria County. Assists victims with Orders of Protection and provides support at court appearances.
- Family Justice Center Caseworker - The Center for Prevention of Abuse: Provides advocacy and support to survivors of domestic violence, focusing on clients residing in the City of Peoria. Assists victims with orders of protection, and provides support at court appearances.
- Family Violence Intervention Project (FVIP) Liaison - The Center for Prevention of Abuse: On site at Peoria County Family Justice Center and the East Peoria office for The Center for Prevention of Abuse. Oversees all batterer's group operations. Conducts intakes for offenders to enroll in domestic violence counseling. Reports offenders' progress in counseling to team members and courts. Facilitates domestic violence counseling. Conducts risk evaluations on offenders for team members and courts for possibility of offenders, who violate orders of protection, being court ordered to be placed on GPS tracking bracelets as required by the Cindy Bischof's Law in Illinois.
Off Site Team Members at Peoria County Courthouse
- Two Assistant State's Attorneys: Peoria County State's Attorney's Office: Prosecute domestic violence cases. Pre- trial victims prior to criminal court proceedings. Monitor offenders placed on probation.
- Two Domestic Violence Probation Officers: Peoria County Probation Department: Monitors offenders placed on probation for domestic violence cases. Reports offenders' progress to team members and courts. Files petitions to revoke probation and testifies in criminal cases as needed.
- Lead Court Advocate - The Center for Prevention of Abuse: Orders of Protection Office: Assists survivors with filing orders of protection and provides support at emergency, plenary and other hearings.
All team members refer survivors to community resources as needed.