Jail & Inmate Information
|Gross Amount Deposited
||Web||Phone||Credit at Kiosk
||Cash at Kiosk
|$0.01 - $19.99
|$20 - $99.99
|$100 - $199.99
|$200 - $300
Personal Items for Inmates
When leaving any items for an inmate, a valid ID is required. An inmate is allowed to receive the following items:
- Males ~three (3) pairs of boxers or briefs
- Females ~three (3) bras and three (3) panties
Please note: No buttons, snaps, etc. are allowed on boxers, briefs or panties. Bras may not contain under wires or other hard materials. They must be in the original packaging and unopened. Opened packages will not be accepted.
Books are not accepted for inmates, but inmates can receive a newspaper subscription directly from the newspaper company.
Clothing to be worn for a jury trial will be accepted by the jail. These items will only be accepted the Monday before a trial date. This drop off will also be done in the form of a clothing exchange.
- Any inmate wishing to have their personal released to family or friends will be allowed to sign over their property.
- The property that will be released while the inmate is still in custody will only be the inmate's personal property.
- Any clothing and or items that are in the inmate's cell will only be released if and when and inmate is sentenced and released to the Illinois Department of Corrections. A letter will be sent to the family or friend of the inmate's choice when the property is ready for pick up.
Inmate Mail Including Money Orders & Cashier Checks
Personal letters or documents to the inmate will only be accepted by mail. All money orders and cashier checks must be made payable to the inmate. Do not send cash through the mail. Money orders, cashier checks and personal mail must be addressed as follows:
c/o Peoria County Jail
301 N. Maxwell Road
Peoria, IL 61604
All incoming Inmate mail will be opened and inspected for contraband, but not read.
Inmate Phone Accounts
Inmates can purchase phone time using their inmate account. Friends and family can also set up prepaid phone accounts. For more information, please visit the GTL website (select friends and family information) or call 1-800-483-8314.
No prescriptions are accepted. However, eyeglasses, contacts and contact solution (unopened) may be left. We do not discuss any inmate medical issues with the family or friends due to the HIPAA law. We do have 24 hour medical staff on duty to assist with any inmate medical need.
Commissary is held once per week, on Wednesday. Should you wish to drop off money for an inmate to use for commissary, you need to do so prior to 2:00 p.m. on the Sunday prior.